Saturday, July 26, 2008


Previously most of my sketches were done with an extra fine point ink pen.  I was never very successful with adding hatch marks and as a result they lacked contrast.  So I am now trying to add values with a set of Tombow pens.
This sketch is from a trip we took yesterday to Newport on the Oregon coast.  After letting Sophie, our golden retriever, chase balls on the beach, we stopped at fisherman's wharf where I spotted this majestic looking fishing boat.  In the background is the Yaquina Bay Bridge.  I like this style better. 

   

2 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

I agree this style looks awesome! Love your sketch and sketch subject!

R K said...

The perspective of this drawing is really striking. I am a fan of monotone drawings...and I do like those Tombows, too.
Nice work everywhere on your blog.